In the past I used to think wearing denim on denim was not cute, but now it is one of my favorite looks! Here are a few tips to help you pull off the look:
- Wear darker shades of denim for a more slimming look.
- Wear different shades of blue so they aren’t too matchy-matchy.
- Something about a distressed pair of jeans or shorts lends itself to the denim on denim look
- Keep the look to a top and bottom and do not wear other denim accessories (ex. denim handbag)
- Don’t be afraid to elevate the look with a pair of heels or statement earrings
My top and jeans are both from Madewell and they are one of my favorite retailers for great denim pieces. I love the wrap detail on this top and how it ties in a cute bow. I plan to wear this in the Spring with a pair of white denim pants or a cute skirt!